Surf School in Cabarete
Any vacation in the beautiful location of Cabarete, Dominican Republic, is not complete without either improving your surfing skills or, for beginners, taking the opportunity to learn surfing.
If your idea of an idyllic vacation is to catch great waves and visit the best surf spots around Cabarete, then we can provide you with everything you need to make this happen.
Our surf school is located on the north shore of the Dominican Republic at Encuentro Beach, just 10 minutes drive away from Cabarete Surf Camp.
Encuentro Beach, known as Playa Encuentro by locals, is tone of the best places in the world to learn to surf and meet other surfers. It has one of the most famous reef breaks on the North Shore and is powered by the Atlantic Ocean. In the winter time the beach has a north swell, and in the summer time it has both east and north-east swells. With its excellent conditions for surfers of all levels, it is truly the ideal spot for anyone to learn, practice and improve their surfing skills.
Cabarete Surf Camp School has been in existence for over a decade.
The school has a collection of 100 different epoxy and fiberglass surfboards and a group of friendly, professional instructors that teach all levels of surfing. Our instructors will give you advice on which surfboards to use, inform you about wave conditions and will have you up on your board in no time. Even if you are not staying with us, you can come and take surfing or kiteboarding lessons, rip up the waves and spend a nice day with us!
- Our surf bus leaves Cabarete Surf Camp every day at 8:30am to go to Encuentro Beach and returns at 11:30am. You do not need to sign up. Just show up.
- We pride ourselves in offering the highest quality service for the very best price. Our school is open from 6:00am to 6:00pm, seven days a week.
- If you are staying at a different hotel and want to join us for a surf lesson or want to rent equipment from our school, please contact us and we will arrange everything for you.
The school is in a perfect location, just steps from the waves and has..
- Two surf shacks with a collection of over one hundred different boards.
- Experienced, professional team of instructors
- Hammocks for relaxing
- Lockers for your belongings and a guard who watches over them
- An area to relax for non-surfers and kids
- A shower
- A Dominican style cafeteria and restaurant
- Free parking
Want to be able to brag about your surfing skills when you get back home?
Ask to have our photographer do a photo shoot of you catching the waves. Video coaching services are also available.
Remember that no vacation in Cabarete is complete without improving your surfing skills or, for beginners, taking the opportunity to learn how to surf!
Some days, depending on the weather, you can also surf at Bozo Beach.
Surf trips are available, read about the surf trips here >>>